Anyone that knows me knows I love to cook having grown up around the restaurants my mom owned back in east Tennessee and then owning and managing restaurants for myself and others.
Here’s Chef Jim in action as guest cook at Realtor Bill Holt’s home on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
I came across a great recipe recently that I found to be very easy and quick to make but it’s also absolutely delicious. White chicken chili. Yep, white chili with no tomatoes or beef involved.
To serve 8 you’ll need the following:
- A couple of tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 chopped sweet onions
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- About 2-3 cups of chicken, I use a rotisserie chicken that I just pull off the bone and coarsely chop
- A couple of pints of chicken broth
- 2 4 ounce cans of canned green chiles, chopped up
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (for that chili taste)
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper or a splash or two of hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup of shredded cheese like Monterey Jack or Cheddar depending on which kind you like.
- 4 14 ounce cans of Great Northern Beans
- Sour Cream (optional)
Pour the oil into a large pot and cook the onions and garlic until tender, about 10 minutes. Then add the coarsely chopped chicken meat, chicken broth, green chile peppers, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and add the 4 undrained cans of beans and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Here’s the result.
Ladle or spoon into serving bowls and top with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream if you like. It’s great served with either cornbread or Fritos chips.
It also freezes well; in fact we have about 2 quarts in freezer bags right now, ready to thaw and heat up for dinner on a cold winter night.
My partner Ann Cummings and I have some great real estate recipes too. For selling a home we recommend you call us and for buying a home……well, we use the same recipe and recommend us there too.
You can browse our Portsmouth NH “home store” and place your order at New Hampshire Maine Real Estate for a great new home, get an ‘over the net’ price for your existing home, find great selling tips, and lots more. Pay us a visit and then give us a call or email and let’s talk about how we can satisfy your real estate appetite whether it’s buying, selling, or both.
Add blog to our blog directory.