Attention Portsmouth New Hampshire and Seacoast NH sellers, don’t make these 7 mistakes that could stop your home from selling.
1. Not looking at ALL the current listings and recently sold properties within a certain radius of your Portsmouth NH house. Be sure to compare; age, size, amenities, bedrooms, baths, and other factors, both buyers and lender appraisers (Yep, you have to ‘sell’ your home to your buyer’s lender appraiser too) Pricing a property to sell is part art and part science.
2. Not considering current market conditions. Market conditions around Portsmouth NH were almost certainly different when you bought your property, whether it was last year or 20 years ago. Price in today’s market for today’s buyers.
ShowingTime is a service Realtors use to arrange showing appointments. This graph shows showing request are up almost 50% over the same time period in 2019
3. Not having a selection of great photos as well as a video, a floorplan, and a 3-D virtual tour. Today’s Portsmouth NH home buyers are sophisticated and most likely looking online. Unless they can see some great imagery of your property to cause them to want to pay it a visit, your chances of selling go way down.
4. Not marketing to your friends and neighbors, as well as passers-by. First of all, folks you know around Portsmouth NH tend to be in the same socio-economic group as you. There’s a good chance they may know a buyer. Was your neighborhood blanketed with “Just Listed” postcards? A flyer box out front may be old fashioned marketing, but an updated flyer with a QR code and website like NewHampshireMaineRealEstate.com often compels buyers to take a look and make an offer
All our sellers get high quality, “Just Listed” postcards mailed to the nearest 100 homes around theirs. Old fashioned marketing, yep, but it causes people to notice our listings and call about them.
5. Not staging your Portsmouth NH house to sell. The property you live in is not the property you’re selling. Set the stage to make it as visually appealing to potential buyers as possible. Staging pays enormous dividends in a faster sale and higher sale price. Portsmouth Realtor Jim Lee is an accredited stager and includes staging as a no extra cost, value-added service to all his and partner Ann Cummings’s listings.
6. Not having regular communications with your Portsmouth NH Realtor. Getting feedback from showings lets you adjust to comments buyers have. Getting regularly scheduled reports of marketing activity keeps you apprised of Seacoast New Hampshire market conditions, which change just like the weather.
7. Not being found online. Where do buyers search for Portsmouth NH property online? New Hampshire Maine Real Estate.com is one place. That’s where your Seacoast New Hampshire property needs to be and not just on one Seacoast area website, either. Multiple sites are where 90% of Portsmouth NH buyers are and where you must be.
For more home selling tips for Portsmouth, NH, and New Hampshire Seacoast as well as southern Maine home sellers visit Our seller’s section at New Hampshire Maine Real Estate.com and make sure you don’t make These 7 Mistakes That Could STOP Your Portsmouth NH Home From Selling.
Visit our New Hampshire Seller’s section to get a quick ‘over the web’ estimate of your home’s worth or schedule an appointment for us to do a complete Competitive Market Analysis (CMA) for a better tool to use in pricing your Portsmouth NH home so sell in today’s market.