Visit our New Hampshire Maine Real Estate ‘quick search page to quickly find new listings in Dover, Durham, Exeter, Greenland, Hampton, New Castle, Newington, North Hampton, Portsmouth, Rye, Seabrook, and Stratham.
It’s early June 2011 and the first 5 months of real estate sales is past so let’s take a look and see how we did and what the current market looks like.
The chart below compares the first 5 months of sales, listings, and pending activity with the same time periods for the past 9 years.
From the current numbers it looks like sales bottomed out in the Portsmouth market in 2009 and have been struggling to rise since then. Pending sales have risen indicating sellers have confidence in the market. The average days on the market (time to sell) for Portsmouth is 104 days compared to 135 days for the same time period in 2010.
The Days On Market for Portsmouth (time to sell) is down somewhat which is good. Year to date in 2011 the average time to sell in Portsmouth is 104 days compared to 140 days for the same time period in 2010; that’s about a 25% decrease in time to sell which says Portsmouth listings are selling more quickly.
Below is a trend map with the colors representing listing activity in the various zip codes around the Seacoast area. The Portsmouth zip code is 03801.
Please call or email Jim Lee or Ann Cummings with any area or real estate questions. Our New Hampshire and Maine Real Estate website has all the latest, active listings for the Seacoast area and is updated daily so you always have access to the latest Seacoast listings for sale.
Here are some of the benefits of registering on our site for listings updates:
- Save Time: Register and save the details for your most common searches (price range, town, number of bed rooms, etc.). You’ll never have to search again.
- Save Your Favorites: Find a property and save it to your profile. If anything changes (price, availability), we’ll email you. Automatically.
- Learn More: You’ll be able to view in-depth details about each property.
- Be the First to Know: When a new listing matches your home search criteria, we will email you automatically, so you’ll be the first to know.
- Get Local Knowledge: View and print Google maps of property locations.